Thursday, July 18, 2013

Zip Lining across the South Carolina Coast


I blinked and my little boy grew up into a young man overnight. I'll never know what possessed Alex to want to zip across 600 feet of line, 60 feet in the air at 40 miles per hour, but he did it without hesitation. Myrtle Beach Zipline Adventures probably boosted my adrenaline as much as it did for Alex. After he zipped across three times, I waited at the bottom of the tower to congratulate my new stunt man. As I glanced up, he was taking the plunge from 60 feet. That's one way to get down from the tower.

I've been watching my kid doing flips into the swimming pool for the last several years already. And, I support his training to become the next American Ninja Warrior, but I never thought the kid who was terrified to try a somersault at My Gym -- not so long ago -- would race across downtown Myrtle Beach before he made it to second grade.



Free Fall: Alex jumps from 60 feet!