Sunday, May 29, 2011

Legoland and Lying








Legoland encourages lying. Ok, that's totally not true. I'm not proud of it, but I taught my kid to lie at Legoland. Legoland splits some its rides between children ages 2-5 and 6+. At five years, 5 months, Alex is really too big for the little rides, but not quite six years he is a little too small for the big kid rides. He wanted to do both, so we worked the system. We quietly whispered about how we would trick the attendants when they asked his age for the 6+ rides so he could get on. He'd check-in with me to make sure he was getting it right and then smile when the trick worked. Have I corrupted him forever? Should I have towed the line and just dealt with the tantrum? Or was it harmless fun that won't psychologically damage him forever? I guess I'll find out when he gets to high school. If he starts carrying a fake I.D., I might have to blame myself. As for Serene...she spent the day riding around in her stroller.